Monday, July 14, 2008

I wish I were there.

E3 is coming up this week. Nuff said...........

Ok maybe not enough is said but you gotta believe it, the world's best (ok formerly best) gaming conference is in California. More of an expo for companies than gamers, E3 is the equivilant of comicon...but for gamers.

This year will see, the much anticipated, launch of Star Wars: Force Unleashed which is said to revolutionise how game developers will use the Playstation 3's Unreal engine.

Meanwhile the industry is reporting sales of $21 billion dollars with GTA IV being the biggest release of the year. Beating Hollwood movies. Like I said last year, in my thesis, games are more than here to stay.

I only wish I was there to see it all and know it all before everyone else. Hopefully this new job I have at ITWeb will send me there next year.

No comments: