Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Show me your Zom...bo?

So the King of Kwaaito's right hand man died last Sunday. By that I mean I Zombo, who died of an Aids related illness at St Francis hospital. Apparently Arthur has been crying non-stop and the world should be sad for the passing of an artist who last released an alulm when Thembi Seete was still wearing her high school uniform.
I don't know maybe the pictures if the man looking like Golum from Lord of the Rings should've illicited some emtional response from me, but on the contrary I laughed out loud like some hyena when the news was broken.
After shoving his lil Zombo in countless strangers the aptly named musician succumbed to what a fair amount of people in the country know about. Did it make any sense for the man to slap on a rubber when he taking advantage of starstruck girls during his heydays. I guess not.
The worrying part was the number of South African schlebs who pledged to help the "poor man". Somizo (who is up on charges of indecent assault) and Arthur (who's controversial song "Sika i khekhe" was banned on all TV stations) were some of the "buddies" who offered their help.
Looking at that bunch, it's not hard to see how the man died of a disease that strikes at 60% of all sexually active people in this country.

No comments: